Sunday, October 21, 2007

Reflections-Reliance interview by Anu Konar

Dear friends,

We reached INC Chinchwad, PUNE at 8:40 a.m in the morning.When we reached there all the students from different INC's were standing in a proper uniform i.e formals. All of us felt very uneasy because we were wearing cotton suits. There were total 276 students(approx). At 2:00 p.m the HR Team came to the campus from Mumbai. First they gave their introduction to us and started the day by giving a presentation on Reliance company and the Job Profile. After this we were allotted with the group no's. I was in group no.5. In my group there were total 13 candidates.There were two rooms in which the GD was taking place with two officials sitting in each room. I entered one of the room and my number was 7. My GD topic was "Should our National Game Hockey be changed or not". All the GD's got over at 7:30 p.m in the evening. Then out of 276 students only 60 were shortlisted in the GD round. After this the selected students were supposed to stay in one room and we were supposed to fill a form then slowly slowly our names were called out for attending the personal interview.Then my turn came meanwhile i was sitting with the other candidates outside the personal interview room with a folder in my hand.
I went into the room by taking permission :
"May i come in sir" ...I said
"Yes come in" was the response.
I waited near my seat: Out of 3 people one of them said :Take your seat
I said Thank you
From which INC:Sir INC Jabalpur
They asked my name then they asked that you have got your PPO from Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company why are you not joining it?
My immediate answer was that it was not my fault that i got a ppo from the company, they must have found some qualities in me so they gave me this offer and today iam here to seek a final placement offer.
So with a smile they said that ok you want to join a big company than bajaj.I said Yes sir.
You want to go with operations or Marketing?
I said i can manage both
One of them asked that how can you say that you can do both:I pointed out my SIP experience that i was into operations as well as selling task. After this they said that are you ready to work till late night? My answer was ofcourse why not?
One of them said to another person that she is very confident and she was in my GD Process.
The third person asked me that by the way what is your Family background and how many years are left for your father's retirement. Another one started asking are you well-versed with computers.Yes sir ofcourse iam an MBA student and i have done my graduation in B.com(comp.app). And in our MBA we are supposed to prepare ppt presentations. One of them immediately said that but in our company there is no use of ppts.I said that apart from ppts there are lot many things in computers like MS-Excel etc. They said give an example. After this one of the interviewer pointed out me by saying that we are searching for a candidate like you.At last another interviewer asked me that if you would have not been aware about the pay package then how much do you expect. I said sir atleast 2.5 lacs p.a. Immediately all of them said that you'll surely get.

Friends this is my successful story i hope this will help you to achieve a big success in your life too.
Thanking You
J. Anu Konar Yadav

No comments: